Sunday, August 9, 2015

BLUEPRINT: WHAT'S THE POINT OF GOING TO CHURCH?

I was raised to always have a back of plan. To make sure if plan A didn't work that plan B and C were already blueprinted. To focus on paying my bills and being independent. To focus on my career and my desires.

and to an extent that was the worst thing I could ever do. 
Image from http://www.specialcoat.com/

You see, I developed a habit to think about me FIRST and then help everyone else. I was raised to think that Jesus was okay with me just going to church. At least I went to church, right? I sat camouflaged in one church for almost 8 years because going to church is easy and Jesus is easy but dealing with people and their baggage, is, quit difficult. I have my own problems! My own baggage! My own family and friend drama..so who needs more?When you get a chance read my blog post entitled The Answer. I realized that the more and more I focused on myself, the more miserable I'd become. The more I focused on Jesus, the more Jesus would call me to focus on him and other people. [Romans 8:5-8]


Galatians 6 reads:
"Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load. Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor."

What is the law of Christ mentioned in the N.T.? It is to Love Christ with all of your body, soul, and spirit and Love your neighbor as your Love YOURSELF!

We have a responsibility to be responsible for ourselves as well as help each other when help is needed. If you go to church and do not get to know your brothers and sisters in Christ, who are you helping? Surely not Jesus...surely, not your brothers and sisters. If you watch church on TV, who are you helping? Surely not Jesus...surely, not your brothers and sisters.

We have to get comfortable with getting uncomfortable for Christ. We need to start seeking to make relationships with people in the body of Christ. Yes, the body of Christ is burdensome. However, by our love for each other, the world would see Christ.

It seems to me that the church in Acts 2, bared each other burdens and no one was in need.

What I am learning is that this concept is easily understandable but the application is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!